Customer Support Assistant
£16,000 – £18,000
Providing first-line support to our customers worldwide following defined troubleshooting guidelines, and logging any issues requiring further investigation by the UK or US support team. Assembling, packaging, and arranging shipment of all hardware.
- Displaying excellent customer service skills and handling first-line enquiries and support through the helpdesk, by e-mail, and by telephone.
- Following troubleshooting guidelines to resolve customers’ hardware or software issues.
- Communicating with the Support Teams to escalate more complex issues.
- Configuring and preparing PCs and tablets ready for deployment to customers.
- Assembling hardware, packaging and arranging shipments worldwide.
- Participation in the on-call rotation for out of hours Support as assigned, which will require occasional weekend remote work.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Strong customer service skills. Able to present technical information and instructions in user-friendly language and assist customers with a positive disposition.
- Good time management and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and report on a varied workload.
- A solid general technical understanding and ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and browser-based/iOS/Android/PC-based systems.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting, and maintaining/using basic tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc).
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in an IT environment.