We’ve recently updated our Android and iOS survey apps to include two new features which make it easier to manage your devices. Please make sure your app is up to date with the latest version to take advantage of the new features.
The app can now display a status bar with information about the state of your device.
It shows you:
- – Whether the device is plugged in or running on battery power.
- – The remaining battery percentage.
- – Whether there is an active internet connection.
- – Whether the device is securely locked down to prevent misuse, using Guided Access on iOS or the Avius Launcher on Android.
- – Whether there is an update pending for the survey app in the app store.
The status bar can work in one of two ways:
1. You can choose to show it permanently at all times at the top of the screen. This can be enabled in each device’s settings from the Devices page of the Avius system. If you don’t already have access to the system, please contact Avius Support. You can also choose to display the device name here, which then appears on the left side of the status bar. This can be useful when you have multiple ‘roaming’ devices, or during installation of devices, for example.
2. You can display the status bar temporarily by opening the admin screen unlock code prompt. The status bar always displays when the unlock code prompt is open, even when you have not changed the setting to permanently enable it. We’ve also introduced a new, easier way to get into the admin screen, as explained below.
You can now access the admin screen by simply tapping four times in the bottom-right corner of the screen (where the Avius logo is typically shown).
Previously, it was necessary to perform the swipe-up gesture to get back to the start screen, and then another swipe-up gesture to open the admin screen. The new method of tapping four times works from any point in the survey, so you don’t need to come back to the start screen first.
The old swipe-up gestures will continue to work for now.